How To Purge Your Closet

Processed with VSCO with se3 preset
Processed with VSCO with se3 preset Processed with VSCO with se3 preset Processed with VSCO with se3 preset

You never realize how much stuff you accumulate over the year until you start cleaning things out. Since the season has changed, I've started purging my closet and getting rid of things I don't need. I'm so bad about not throwing things away, especially clothes. I hate wasting money, plus I always have that I'm going to gain or lose weight and end up needing something I've gotten rid of.

I've noticed that my style has changed a bit, so I've finally committed to getting rid of some things and hanging on to my staples. Lately I've been into things like tees and jeans and just freshening up the look with a jacket.

I popped into Gap over the weekend and found this dope bomber. I've been trying to be more responsible with my money, but I'm a sucker for a good sale. I ended copping the jacket for $44 (normally $98!), so not too irresponsible right?

Another way to breath new life into your old clothes is DIY and reconstruction. I think I've had these American Eagle jeans for about five years now. Since I've had them so long, I've just gotten bored of them. To force myself to wear them more often, I ripped a hole in the knee before heading out the door this morning. There's so many different ways to distress your jeans. For this, I cut a tiny a hole with scissors and then ripped it the rest of the way with my fingers. They'll look even better after washing and drying them by the way!

Shop the look

adidas 'Stan Smith' Sneaker (Men) • adidas • $74.95

fitted short sleeve 1MX shirt • $49.90

STRETCH 1969 destructed slim fit jeans • Gap • $69.99

Canvas bomber jacket • Gap • $98

Timex Weekender Chronograph Military Strap Watch • Timex • $115




Popular Posts